ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE

ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE

Friday, July 24, 2009

A Rhett Rant

I finally remembered to write my blog for my english class. The last few weeks, I just simply forgot, but thanks to my wife, Tina, I was able to squeek in this blog before the deadline. Now those who know me, know that I enjoy my fair share of movies. Lately, I've been feeling that each movie I see is almost the same. Same plot and ideas show that producers are running out of ideas, therefore sticking to the same formula that makes them money, which I can't blame them, but it just gets old. It's almost like they copy and paste from one script to the other, and just fill in the blanks. I understand that they might have different dialog, and maybe a few different jokes, but the plots and formulas are the same. Take for example most romantic comedies, take two complete opposites, man and women, they hate each other at first, but after they are forced to spend time with each other, they start falling in love. when things look like they are going to end up together, one side gets caught in a misunderstanding situation which offends the other and they take off, usually to the airport (if it wasn't then it wouldn't be exciting). Then the one must run after them and express their true love. They miraculously catch up and they make up to be happier then ever. That's usually what happens give or take a few steps.
Now the ones that break away from this formula, i usaully give more credit to, no matter how bad the movie might be, I commend you. But it's not just romantic comedies, recently we've seen a few scenarios of computers and machines threatening humanity's way of life. Maybe im being to harsh, i go see these movies anyways, but i think deep down, what I'm trying to say is that i'm hopeing for a bit more originality in the movies i go see. I hope those movie producers read this. I just know they'll listen to me.

No comments: